PAMELA HOWLAND'S Electronic Press Kit
Welcome to Pamela Howland's EPK.
Below you'll find high res images, press links, videos, and more.
As a Steinway Artist and classically trained concert pianist with a love for Chopin AND The Beatles, my mission is to reach out to the 96% of Americans who are intimidated by classical music. Combining Chopin + The Beatles is my way of helping save Classical Music from extinction, breaking down false genre barriers, rules and old restrictions that have increasingly limited the access that everyone should have to this beautiful music.
My GOAL is to connect audiences with themselves through beautiful music, and my JOY is creating a concert experience for audiences that combines the highest level of classical playing with the highest level of FUN. My IDEAL is to have audiences of all ages leave entertained, educated, and enchanted.
HIGH RES IMAGES FOR MEDIA USE
Select your images below. Right click (or control click) and select "save file" to download the file.
LIVE RADIO INTERVIEWS 2015/2016:
- WRHI 1340AM “Palmetto Mornings” Lancaster, South Carolina 1/30/16 [LISTEN HERE]
- WPR FM“The Midday,” Norman Gilliland Madison, Wisconsin 9/25/15 [LISTEN HERE]
- WUNC FM“The State of Things,” Frank Stasio, Durham, North Carolina 9/8/15 [LISTEN HERE]
- WDAV FM “Performance Chat” The Horrowitz Steinway in Residency, Davidson, North Carolina, 9/8/15 [LISTEN HERE]
CD RELEASE REVIEW 2015:
The Winston-Salem Journal says Howland reimagines the songs as delicate, passionate instrumentals, bringing a somber energy to “In My Life,” and rescuing “The Long and Winding Road” from Phil Spector’s over production on the Beatles’ hit version, stripping the tune down to its sweet understated essence.
SIR PAUL McCARTNEY GIVES HOWLAND THUMBS UP-WFDD 2013:
"Pianist Pamela Howland has a deeply personal connection to Poland, the land of Frederick Chopin. Her grandfather emigrated from Poland as a little boy. Several years ago, Pam and her family returned to Poland to find her grandfather’s birthplace...."
Community and Educational Outreach
I spent many years as a University Professor. Now, rather than conducting ongoing classroom/studio work, I go into educational communities on a short-term basis to plant seeds of interest in classical music that can continue to bloom. I offer 3 types of educational presentation:
- Masterclasses for pianists (high school and up) on Chopin and topics such as “Entrepreneurship for Pianists,” “Making Old Music New,” “Creating Multimedia Performances”.
- Classes for non-musicians, on Chopin & The Beatles or other classical topics, combining lecture and performance.
- Screening/Discussion of my Documentary Film on Chopin, “REMEMBERING FREDERIC: The Genius of Chopin,” featuring Rosemary Harris. Either with or without a full concert.
Watch all videos at Pamela's YouTube channel here.